- American Military History From the Colonial Era to the Twenty-First Century
- Customer Reviews
- Join our email club...
- The American Military: A Narrative History
Pickup not available. About This Item We aim to show you accurate product information.
- About This Item.
- Nature (Vol. 431, No. 7008, 30 September 2004).
- The Strategy Bridge!
- Critical thinking skills success in 20 minutes a day.
- American Military History: A Documentary Reader;
- Contemporary Computing: Third International Conference, IC3 2010 Noida, India, August 9-11, 2010 Proceedings, Part II (Communications in Computer and Information Science 95)?
- The American Military by Brad D. Lookingbill (ebook)?
Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and we have not verified it. See our disclaimer. Specifications Publisher Wiley. Customer Reviews. Write a review. See any care plans, options and policies that may be associated with this product. Email address. Please enter a valid email address. Walmart Services. Get to Know Us.
American Military History From the Colonial Era to the Twenty-First Century
Customer Service. The book has several other specific strengths. The strategies implemented in World War II and the events of the Cold War receive the needed attention in two chapters as well.
- Small Giants: Companies That Choose to Be Great Instead of Big, 10th-Anniversary Edition.
- Slavery in the United States: A Brief Narrative History.
- America's War in Vietnam;
- What is Kobo Super Points?.
- The Savage Wars of Peace?
The book also provides ample attention to the ability of women to serve in the military through its chapters dealing with the twentieth century to present. There is a good overview of how the military evolved after the Cold War, with recognition that this story is incomplete and it is difficult to analyze it until more time has passed.
For example, when it comes to what life was like for soldiers, information is provided through the nineteenth century but is largely absent for the twentieth century and beyond. Another problem is that the background information provided for racial and culture issues is lacking.
While the book provides extensive coverage of warfare against Native Americans, there is no information about later Native American service in the U. Likewise, the authors do not provide much discussion of the brutality U. Finally, the authors do not always fully engage with the literature on major topics pertaining to certain military actions.
In discussing U. Nor do the authors note the highly controversial nature of the Spanish-American War, or delve into the impact becoming a colonial power had on the United States. Likewise, considering the extensive literature on the development of the atomic bomb and the debate about its use, the book provides little information on this topic. The same is true regarding the negotiations to bring the Vietnam War to an end. With fifteen chapters, it is designed for easy incorporation into a semester-long class.
Paperback , pages. More Details Other Editions 2.
Join our email club...
Friend Reviews. To see what your friends thought of this book, please sign up. To ask other readers questions about American Military History , please sign up. Be the first to ask a question about American Military History.
Lists with This Book. This book is not yet featured on Listopia. Community Reviews. Showing Rating details.http://bbmpay.veritrans.co.id/sesma-dating-app.php
The American Military: A Narrative History
All Languages. More filters. Sort order.
Chris rated it liked it Mar 31, John rated it liked it Jul 14,